Sunday, August 12, 2007

Kitchen, Phase 1

Last weekend we started the kitchen, Ikea all the way. Our neighbor recieved and signed for the shipment so when we arrived those signature flat boxes were all stacked up in the middle of the living room. My Dad very generously came up to help with the installation, as I get increasingly useless the closer I get to my due date. I am, however, a master at reading Ikea directions, so I was able to help some. I also assembled the occasional drawer.

Here's dad with the drill gun, beginning cabinet #1.

Ben, with 3 assembled base cab's. He had the harder job of cutting the butcher block counter top to fit, as well as cutting the hole where the kitchen sink fits in. Our Ikea sink turned out to be too small so I made an emergency run to Home Depot, where I bought a sink whose hardware didn't fit our thick countertop, so we weren't able to finish the installation. We started feeling a bit dejected because we really wanted all this done, so that when I have this baby we can go there and actually use the kitchen and bath. No more camping with a newborn! Hopefully we have a few more weeks (please don't come early, little one...)

Relaxing after the workday, grilling up some corn and Lamb
that came from our local Farmer's Market.



It had been raining most of the day, and around 5pm this gorgeous rainbow emerged- a full bow from one end to the other, right there in our open sky. There was a faint double bow as well, which doesn't show up here. It was a magical sight.


Morning sun, stretching from one side of the
house to the other (granted it is not a far reach).


Ben will finish the kitchen this weekend. Hopefully there will be water in kitchen, bath, and laundry very soon (though it's still running a bit rusty colored...)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, some rainbow ~ must be a 'good sign'. Like the silouette-in-the-sun, all three of you.

Getting close, huh?!
Thank you for another delightful entry...

xxooKC

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it: 'sil H ouette'. (No spellcheck available on this site!)
(Why did they put that 'h' in there, anyway?)

xxoo

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

2:14 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I love the silhouette portrait, too! When I was near my due date I couldn't stand the wait. I guess you're more patient than me.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home